Sales Summary for December 2017
Total company sales improved 8.0% to a year ago in December. Same store sales of retail and online stores also increased 4.8% to a year earlier.
Cold weather accelerated sales of winter apparel and goods such as outerwear and scarves in December. Sales of long-sleeved cut and sewn and pants for men, and knitwear and skirts for women were also strong. In addition to these, our clearance sales initiative exclusive to our house card members started from late December pushed the monthly results.
While YOY comparisons of purchasing customers at existing stores decreased 0.1% at retail stores, it improved 3.9% at stores including retail, UNITED ARROWS ONLINE STORE and ZOZOTOWN. In CHROME HEARTS JP, GK business unit sales decreased 0.4% to a year earlier.
The following items were especially popular in the month under review:
Outerwear, Long-sleeved cut and sewn, Pant, Scarvess etc.
Outerwear, Knitwear, Skirts, and Scarves etc.
Sales Data for FY 2018 (YoY)
|Total company sales||98.7||96.2||95.7||94.1||99.3||100.4||97.2|
|Total company sales (reference)*||107.5||105.1||105.2||103.4||112.7||109.4||106.8|
|Total business unit sales*||108.4||103.7||104.2||101.8||113.5||109.0||106.2|
| Retail sales of
| Online sales of
|Number of retail customers*||102.6||96.8||96.2||93.8||118.2||105.2||100.3|
| Ave. spend per
|Same store sales (retail and online)||105.3||101.7||101.9||100.0||111.4||107.9||104.1|
|Same store retail sales||101.6||95.7||99.4||96.6||108.8||104.1||100.2|
|Same store online sales||123.6||133.5||112.0||115.7||120.6||122.8||120.9|
|Number of retail customers||99.3||94.4||94.1||92.8||115.5||102.5||98.0|
| Ave. spend per
|Total company sales||103.6||109.6||108.0|
|Total business unit sales||103.4||108.5||107.4|
| Retail sales of
| Online sales of
|Number of retail customers||97.4||106.2||103.0|
| Ave. spend per
|Same store sales (retail and online)||102.3||106.7||104.8|
|Same store retail sales||98.7||104.9||101.4|
|Same store online sales||119.4||113.7||120.9|
|Number of retail customers||94.9||103.0||99.9|
| Ave. spend per
Sales Data by Business
|Total business units sales||105.9||110.0||108.6|
|Retail sales of total company||102.8||105.8||105.6|
|Online sales of total company||124.9||129.0||117.6|
|Number of retail customers||101.8||106.0||98.0|
|Ave. spending per retail customer||101.0||99.9||107.7|
|Same store sales（retail & online）||102.3||107.1||112.3|
|Same store retail sales||99.9||102.2||109.7|
|Same store online sales||116.6||129.5||118.1|
|Number of retail customers||98.0||102.2||100.9|
|Ave. spending per retail customer||101.9||100.0||108.7|
- Please let us know sales trend in December
- Existing store sales of retail and online grew year-on-year during every week except the fourth week which had one less holiday to a year earlier. The growth was especially high in the first half of the month due to the discount sales initiative exclusive to royal customers started from early of the month.
- Please provide us with reasons for the strong trend of online sales
- Robust sales of UNITED ARROWS ONLINE STORE (UA ONLINE STORE) pushed the total online sales. The discount sales initiatives exclusive to royal customers from early of the month and to our membership card holders started from late December bolstered the UA ONLINE STORE sales.
- How about tax free sales?
- Tax free sales improved in UNITED ARROWS LTD by 16.9% to a year ago. In CHROM HEARTS JP, GK, the sales also surpassed the result of the same month last year by 0.4%.
* "Total business unit sales" includes the sales of retail, online, and wholesale, etc. "Outlet sales" includes sales of outlet stores and at special events.
* "Number of retail customers" and "Average spend per retail customer" are calculated from retail sales only.
** An existing store is defined as a retail/online store that has been opened for more than 13 months and it was opened in the same month of the previous year. The number is subject to change. In following cases, stores are excluded from the existing store count; retail stores which close one or more days or open in smaller sales spaces due to renovation or other reasons, online stores which close one or more days due to system upgrades or other reasons.
* UA：UNITED ARROWS, GLR：UNITED ARROWS green rabel relaxing, SBU：Small Business Units
* UA includes UNITED ARROWS, BEAUTY&YOUTH UNITED ARROWS, THE SOVEREIGN HOUSE, District UNITED ARROWS, BOW & ARROWS, ASTRAET, monkey time BEAUTY&YOUTH UNITED ARROWS, STEVEN ALAN, ROKU BEAUTY&YOUTH and H BEAUTY&YOUTH
* GLR includes green label relaxing and WORK TRIP OUTFITS GREEN LABEL RELAXING.
* SBU includes "Another Edition", "Jewel Changes", "Odette e Odile", "Boisson Chocolat", "Drawer", "EN ROUTE", "THE AIRPORT STORE UNITED ARROWS LTD.", "THE STATION STORE UNITED ARROWS LTD."
* ASTRAET's results of FY2016 is included in UA's results and excluded from SBU's results of FY2016 to calicurate the YOY data due to our organizational change at April 2016.
* UNITED ARROWS LTD. took steps to spin off the CHROME HEARTS business in October 2016. As a result, CHROME HEARTS business sales are not included in the Company’s non-consolidated net sales effective from the month of spinoff. In order to present comparative data for existing businesses in an easier to understand manner, year-on-year monthly information relating to Companywide net sales, the number of customers, and average spending per customer marked with an asterisk is provided after excluding CHROME HEARTS business results from the corresponding month of the previous year.
* CHROME HEARTS business results are also not included in existing store sales, the number of customers, and average spending per customer from the corresponding month of the previous year because the CHROME HEARTS business has been excluded from the number of existing stores from October 2016.
* For detailed data, please download either the relevant EXCEL or PDF files below. If you are interested in historical monthly sales summaries, please select the EXCEL file. If you are interested in only this monthly sales summary, please select the PDF file.
- Monthly Sales Summary : The Year Ending March 31, 2018 [ EXCEL/895.0KB ][ PDF/90.0KB ]
- Q&A : The Year Ending March 31, 2018 [ PDF/105.4KB ]
Monthly Sales Summary
- The Year Ended March 31, 2017 [ EXCEL/1.3MB ][ PDF/94.0KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2016 [ EXCEL/1.2MB ][ PDF/93.0KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2015 [ EXCEL/1.2MB ][ PDF/88.0KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2014 [ EXCEL/963KB ][ PDF/113.0KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2013 [ EXCEL/89.5KB ][ PDF/44.1KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2012 [ EXCEL/84.0KB ][ PDF/69.0KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2011 [ EXCEL/80.0KB ][ PDF/71.0KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2010 [ EXCEL/78.0KB ][ PDF/24.0KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2009 [ EXCEL/74.5KB ][ PDF/22.1KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2008 [ EXCEL/83.5KB ][ PDF/29.3KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2007 [ EXCEL/83.0KB ][ PDF/30.5KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2006 [ EXCEL/95.0KB ][ PDF/35.7KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2005 [ EXCEL/84.0KB ][ PDF/34.0KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2004 [ EXCEL/82.0KB ][ PDF/31.0KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2003 [ EXCEL/30.9KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2002 [ EXCEL/32.0KB ]
Store Openings and Closings
* For detailed data, please download either the relevant EXCEL or PDF file.
- The Year Ended March 31, 2017 [ EXCEL/131.0KB ][ PDF/84.0KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2016 [ EXCEL/137.0KB ][ PDF/83.0KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2015 [ EXCEL/133.0KB ][ PDF/87.0KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2014 [ EXCEL/89.0KB ][ PDF/67.0KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2013 [ EXCEL/85.0KB ][ PDF/60.0KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2012 [ EXCEL/80.0KB ][ PDF/25.2KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2011 [ EXCEL/75.5KB ][ PDF/25.2KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2010 [ EXCEL/74.5KB ][ PDF/24.0KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2009 [ EXCEL/61.5KB ][ PDF/18.5KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2008 [ EXCEL/61.5KB ][ PDF/21.6KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2007 [ EXCEL/59.5KB ][ PDF/20.3KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2006 [ EXCEL/50.0KB ][ PDF/17.0KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2005 [ EXCEL/50.5KB ][ PDF/15.4KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2004 [ EXCEL/50.5KB ][ PDF/15.6KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2003 [ EXCEL/50.5KB ][ PDF/17.2KB ]
- The Year Ended March 31, 2002 [ EXCEL/48.0KB ][ PDF/15.0KB ]